Wednesday, May 21, 2008

New Job

I've got a new job!

As many of you know Brian and I graduated from Financial Peace University in April and we have been working on the Dave Ramsey plan for these past few months. We decided that the best way for us to stay on track is for me to go back to work for 1 year. In that year we can have our debt paid (Baby Step 2 - everything but the house) and a good start on our emergency fund (Baby Step 3 - 3 to 6 months expenses). I can't wait to call Dave's radio show and scream "We're debt FREE!"

I was very excited to have the opportunity to stay home with Nessa when Brian got his promotion, but I also realize in the long run we will be better off as a family.

The j-o-b is at the All State Insurance call center, very close to home!!! For at least the first 4 months the hours are Monday through Friday, 11a - 8p (ick), but I'll still get to spend mornings with Nessa. My first day will be June 9th.

Any past ATA friends or anyone else needing a job e-mail me and I'll give you the details...they are still hiring.

1 comment:

Katie said...

wow! full time job! are you ready? i'll be praying for you. i know the transition (for all of you) can be hard (been there). let me know how it goes!